Sevilla vs Real Sociedad Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews

Sevilla vs Real Sociedad Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews

Sevilla

2017-05-05
20:00
Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán

VS

Real Sociedad

Sevilla vs Real Sociedad predictions for the Friday night game in La Liga. Our betting tips suggest it could be a real cracker with plenty of goals.

Sevilla VS Real Sociedad Predictions

Full Time: 1 - 1

Over/Under Tip: Over 2.5
lose

Both Team To Score Tip: YES
win

Reason For Sevilla VS Real Sociedad Betting Tips

This is a pretty significant game in the race for the European places in La Liga. Sevilla can all but guarantee Champions League football with a win but defeat would really open the door for the chasing teams, including Real Sociedad, who’d move up to 5th with 3 points. Judging by the seasons these sides have had, an open game is to be expected with plenty of goals.

Sociedad will be chasing the win and unlike most sides that visit Seville, they won’t simply shut up shop and play on the break. La Real have won their last 3 matches and that includes a 3-2 victory at the Mestalla, so they are in good form. Their only dropped points in their last 5 matches came when they were unlucky to lose 3-2 at Barcelona, in a game when they created plenty of chances. Those two recent strong away showings will give them great confidence coming into what is another tough away match.

The Basques have an excellent 53% win ratio away this term in La Liga but they have lost the other 47%, which suggests they are a team that gambles in order to try and bag maximum points. Their away games average 3.06 goals per game, shared equally between goals for and against.

Sevilla though are favourites and rightly so, with an excellent 76% home win ratio this term in La Liga. They’ve only lost once on their own ground but they have been conceding goals a bit more regularly than Jorge Sampaoli might have liked. Both teams have scored in 59% of their home matches this term and in 63% of their games overall. They put in a shaky defensive performance on Monday, going down 4-2 in Malaga and Real Sociedad will certainly cause them problems.

It’d be a big surprise if there aren’t a few home goals though. Sevilla average 1.94 goals per game at home this term and have scored in 86% of their league matches. Attacking midfielder Franco Vazquez ended a bit of a goal drought with a brace at Malaga on Monday and is always a threat from midfield. He’ll be looking to get back in the goals between now and the end of the season and backing Franco Vazquez to score anytime at 13/8 could be worth a punt.

Overall this certainly looks like a game that is likely to produce goals and backing Over 2.5 Goals & Both Teams to Score at 10/11 looks to offer value.

Head To Head

The last 6 meetings have produced 3 wins each. Sevilla won 4-0 at the Anoeta earlier this term but Sociedad won 2-1 on their last visit to Sevilla.

Sevilla VS Real Sociedad Stats

60% of Sevilla's league games this season have produced over 2.5 goals. Sevilla matches average 3.03 per game while Sociedad games average 2.91.

You might also like More from author

Comments

Loading...